Well, it’s not something to worry about if you are already of age beyond 30 years. The decline in the hormone level usually begins at around that age. Canadian Pharmacy Mall says that other possible causes of lower testosterone level can be as follows.
- Chronic illness
- Abdominal obesity
- Kidney failure
- Inflammation of the lungs
- Pituitary gland dysfunction
- Klinefelter’s Syndrome, which is a genetic abnormality
- Excessive iron in the body
- Chemotherapy for cancer
- Physical damage
How do you recognize the issue of Low Testosterone?
Since, testosterone is the major male hormone responsible for sex drive and reproduction, a number of symptoms may occur, such as, losing the sex drive, hard time concentrating, not feeling well, depression and erectile dysfunction.
Affects of low testosterone on the body
- It is noticed that people with low testosterone usually experience a symptom referred to as ‘Fragile bones’. Bones become soft and are prone to breaking.
- Testosterone deficiency may also bring changes in cholesterol levels
- Loss of body hair
- Muscle mass may drop accompanied by increased body fat
- Lipid level is affected
- Mild anaemia may occur with decrease in haemoglobin
Diagnosis of Testosterone Deficiency
The most direct and accurate way to detect the deficiency of this hormone is to get a doctor check the amount of testosterone, present in your blood. Now, since testosterone level isn’t stable but keeps fluctuating the whole day, it is mandatory that a number of measurements be done for the accurate diagnosis. Testosterone levels are highest in the morning and therefore Doctors often advice a check-up early in the morning.
Treatment for Low Testosterone Issue
It can be treated by:
- Subcutaneous pellet is an affective cure for the problem
- You may buy Testosterone gels to apply inside the nose or on the skin surface
- Intramuscular injections
- Deodorant like testosterone stick
- Material to be applied above the teeth, daily.
It is important to also consider the side-effects or disadvantages of each one of these hormone replacement methods
Although testosterone replacement therapy is safe, but Canadian Health&Care Mall would like to add that some side-effects may be attached to each method
- Oily skin or acne trouble
- Decrease in the testicle size
- Mood swings
- Occurrence of breast enlargement
- Mild fluid retention problem
- Stimulation of prostate can cause some urination related symptoms like decreased stream or change in frequency
- Hormone replacement in rare case may involve risk of blood clots, prostate cancer or even heart attack
- Sleeping sickness
Erectile Dysfunction due to testosterone deficiency
About ED, Canadian Health&Care Mall states that it may or may not be related to testosterone deficiency, but there are some core diseases linking the two problems. Type 2 diabetes, obesity and heart diseases are counted among those leading to ED and testosterone deficiency. For the victims of ED, drugs which restore blood flow to the penis should be first remedy instead of testosterone replacement therapy. Well, having said that, it is also observed that men with low Testosterone often find that the drugs for ED like Viagra, Stendra etc are less effective in treating the ED issue. In that case Testosterone replacement therapy may be suggested as a solution. Testosterone replacement is undoubtedly very effective in improving a men’s sex life by bringing back the sex drive and restoring libido.
Have a look at https://healthcaremall4you.com/is-it-possible-to-treat-erectile-dysfunction-with-viagra.html for more details.