COURSE TITLE: Group Fitness Instructors Certificate
Students get the following upon prosperous fulfilment of an assignment:
- ICK Group Fitness Instructors Certificate
- Senior Certificate (Matric) or NQF Level 4 equivalent
- Good health and reasonable level of fitness
- Current fitness participation strongly recommended
- Current health club or gym membership required
- Keen interest in a career in fitness and exercise
This class will educate you how to run group exercise courses with assurance. You will know how to create or stage-manage dynamic exercise-to-music occupations, artistic explain music and movement, give a jump start for visitors and practically put to uses your background of exercise science, secure headships and educating approached in your selection of group exercise disciplines. This class will educate how to become sophisticated in musical interpretation, cueing and interrelation, exercise selection, choreography improvement, class design and formats and developing visitors. You will also know how to deliver the first aid together with Canadian Health&Care Mall if there is a necessity to apply it.
The course makes you experience scientific coaching approaches to assure that your customers will receive maximum of their outcomes while receive minimum of their injury risk. You will also educate how to sort potential customers for exercise preparedness, how to control fitness tests and how to utilize test outcomes for programme working out and objection-setting. Aside from educating how run group fitness courses customer, your will also be educated how to design, sell, and run a fitness business.
This class makes you be prepared for a professional career in fitness and is especifically directed at students who desire to start a career as a Group Fitness Instructor coaching exercise-to-music courses and group fitness occupations in health clubs, gymnasiums, studios, holiday resorts, health spas or on cruise ships. The class is also perfect for students who desire to open a private group exercise studio or educate home-grounded exercise-to-music sessions to private customers. The class is also advised as foundation qualification for students engaged in a future career as exercise expert, fitness manager, group fitness co-ordinator, health club manager or lifestyle counsellor.
Full-time (weekdays from 10:00 to 14:00 )
Part-time (weekends – Saturdays from 09:00 to 14:00)
Full-time – 6 months to 1 year
Part-time – 6 months to 1 year
Students are let a complete of one year in which to satisfy the obligations, after which re-registration is inquired.
Movement Therapy Centre Johannesburg
Electronically (Distance learning)
|· Fitness Environment & Career Orientation
· Principles of Fitness, Exercise
· Programme Design
· Wellness & Lifestyle Management
· Functional Anatomy
· Kinesiology & Biomechanics
· Exercise Physiology
· Exercise Injuries & Prevention
· Principles of Nutrition
· Exercise Psychology
· Fitness Leadership & Communication Skills
· Adult Basic CPR & Emergency Care
· Personalised Programme Design
|· History of Fitness
· Entrepreneurship & Business Skills
· Health Screening & Fitness Testing
· Cardio respiratory Conditioning
· Resistance Training
· Stretch & Flexibility Training
· Body Conditioning
· Movement Therapy
· Stability Ball Training
· Basic Sport-specific Programming
· Bodybuilding Programming
· Functional Programming
· Weight Management
|Additionally students must choose either one, two, three or four of the following group fitness disciplines as field(s) of specialisation:|
|· Aerobics & Step
· Aqua Aerobics
· Indoor Cycling
|· Movement Pilates
· YogaFlex ©
Students are estimated as follows:
- Submission of a Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Assessment for each chosen group fitness elective
- Assignments, Workbooks, Case Studies
- Class Attendance Register – 100% attendance of all lectures and practical sessions required
- Practical Hours Log Book: GF – group exercise class attendance at a reputable health club, gymnasium or exercise studio:
- One discipline – 30 hours
- Two disciplines – 60 hours
- Three disciplines – 90 hours
- Four disciplines – 120 hours
All first estimations are added in the class charges. An additional administration charge of R350.00 is surcharged for each additional estimation.
No additional costs. Class charges consist of all class materials.
Not included: Fitness Music CD’s and DVD’s
ICK Group Fitness Instructor
Course Fee: R17500.00 (Fees are subject to change without notice)
Course Fees includes:
Student packages which consist of all monthly maintained electronically, the class on DVD for reference grounds worth R3500 all lectures and practical sessions.
A non-refundable deposit of R 4500.00 defined from balance, is defrayable by closing date of registration. The full charge to be carried out not later than one week before beginning of class unless otherwise managed. Other charge functions are accessible upon request. A 10% discount is on suggestion for once off charges of the total fee.
Kindly note fees are subject to change without notice.